Trailblazer Studios has developed the following health and safety guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic to enable our staff, cast and crew to maintain an environment that minimizes the risk of contracting and spreading COVID-19. These guidelines are in accordance with established industry standards, OSHA and CDC Guidelines. They are to be strictly adhered to whether participants are on location, on set, at the Trailblazer Studios sound stage, studio facility, or the production office. These guidelines are constantly being updated and are subject to change.
- Follow State, County and City guidelines at all times
- Keeping at least six feet of distance from other people
- Wear a mask
- Wash your hands
- Provide PPE for all cast & crew if needed
- Provide disinfectant and sanitation products for cast & crew
- Require all cast, crew and clients to answer COVID questionnaire before entering studio or beginning of their time on production
- Daily Screening of cast & crew for fever, cough or shortness of breath upon arrival to set, location or studio
- Require cast & crew who exhibit symptoms to stay home or seek medical attention per CDC guidelines
- Ask cast & crew to routinely disinfect their areas and common areas that are high-touch
- Using technology solutions where possible to reduce person-to-person contact
- Curtailing production travel. NO INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL PERMITTED
- Hiring local crew when possible
- Reducing crew size
- Staggering shifts when possible
- Prepackaged or boxed meals, snacks and drinks only
- Reduced capacity @ studio ( NC currently allows 25 indoors)
- Remote pre-production, offline, mixing and online sessions for clients
- Implementing virtual meetings only
- Professionally disinfecting soundstage before every production
SAG Certification SAG has officially approved Trailblazer Studios to provide ADR and voice recording services to its members during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Please join us in maintaining a safe environment and know that we are committed to keeping our studio and recording areas free from contaminants.
What To Expect (VO & ADR)
- Properly worn masks are required for all who are entering Trailblazer Studios. If you do not have a mask, a new, sterile mask will be provided to you.
- Our Client Services Manager or other team member will be present to let you into the building.
- A hand sanitizing station is available to you immediately upon arrival. Sterile gloves and alcohol wipes are also available by request.
- Temperature checks are required.
- Your name, as well as your date and time of arrival will be logged for contact tracing purposes.
- ADR TALENT: An Exhibit G will be provided at the front desk for you to sign (with a clean pen) upon arrival and departure.
Entering the Booth
- After arriving, you will be led to our recording booth. Once you enter the booth, your engineer or other team member will close the doors behind you.
- The recording booth, headphones, microphones, pop filters, surfaces and instruments will have been sterilized using an EPA certified cleaning solution, UV-C lights, and a HEPA filtered air purifier before and after each scheduled recording session.
- Per SAG recommendations, we reserve 30 minutes between recording sessions for this sanitization process.
The Recording Process
- Once inside the booth, talent will position themselves in front of the pre-adjusted music stand and microphone. If you need assistance re-adjusting either, please put on your headphones, speak into the microphone, and your engineer will assist you.
- Your script will be pre-printed and available on the music stand.
- ADR TALENT: Securely place the small lavalier mic provided onto your chest area by attaching the mic-clip to your clothing.
- Turn off your cell phone, and begin!
- Remove your headphones and place them on the music stand.
- Your engineer or other team member will prop open all doors for you to leave through the same path you entered, contact free.
- Please sign any contracts or Exhibit G (ADR) paperwork on your way out. We provide and identify clean pens for this purpose.
- All paper contracts, and scripts will be pre-printed by a Trailblazer employee wearing sterile gloves. If you wish to print your own contracts ahead of time, please let us know, and leave them at the front desk upon leaving.
If you have any questions or require additional accommodations, please let us know, and we will do our best to meet your needs!